1.25.2009

Slippery When Frozen...

Well, gang I went ice skating last night. Now anyone who has known me for a few years knows that ice and I don't get along. If there is ice anywhere; it is inevitable that I will find it and slip on it. Whether or not I fall is another story.

Anywho, for our Spouse's Social for January we went to an ice skating rink and I decided to commune with the cold and frozen water. I stepped out onto the ice with my fellow girlfriends and everything was going great, until I had to turn. (It really is too bad that they don't make rinks in a straight line.) As I was turning I felt myself loosing balance and what happened next was...well, cartoonish. My feet began to slip from under me and I tried to recover in a speedy sort of fashion so it must have looked like I was doing a Russian folk dance. Another way to picture it is to think of Goofy or Wylie coyote. In a split second both my feet were in front of my face and I landed hard (on my ass) on the ice. Thank God for the extra padding on that area! All I could do was laugh as I laid on the ice. Several of my friends surrounded me with, "Ohmygod, are you ok?" and "Oh no! Are you hurt?" To which I responded, "yes I'm fine and only my ego is bruised."

As far as ice skating goes I've decided it's much easier to fall than it is to get back up. These same friends tried to help me up while they, themselves were on ice skates. Needless to say it was next to impossible for me to get up so I just crawled to the wall and picked myself up.

I think I'm going to pass on ice skating next time.

1 comment:

Jennifer Baker said...

Ha! I love the "Russian Folk Dance" descriptor!! We'll just stick to drinking wine at Social from now on..might be a little safer!