10.07.2008

Road Rage!

The longer I have been driving the more I come to loathe the stupidity on the roads. I know I have done some annoying and frustrating things while driving, so no, I'm not perfect. But here is a brief list of my findings:
  1. Nobody likes rush hour. You are not the only one who has to be somewhere.
  2. The brake pedal is for stopping/immediate slow down. To gradually decrease your speed, simply remove your foot from the accelerator. It is a scientific fact; you will slow down.
  3. To merge you must accelerate to the speed which your fellow drivers are driving.
  4. To the fellow drivers, if a lane is ending and someone needs to get in your lane, let them in. It is not an affront to you personally, they just need to move over. I have a mantra, if one person lets me in I have to do the same for someone else. This is a "pay-it-forward" of sorts. I think if more people did this, drive time would be a little easier. Try it.
  5. Enjoy the ride. I know being at a stand still on the freeway is annoying, but try to find a way to see something great in the morning like a sunrise or listening to your favorite music/talk radio.

What would the world come to if all people were treated with respect? Try starting it on the roads and see what happens...

No comments: