9.19.2007

October 2006

Just got back from walking my dogs and after taking the time to pick up a pile of Boss sh*t; I was very annoyed to see a mound of dog poo on the ground. So I thought to myself, "hmm they must not have had a poo bag." Then I started noticing piles with practically every other step. It's not like picking up dog poop is that hard a task. For crying out loud, it doesn't even cost that much. My baggies were $5 for 200 and it included a handy-dandy holder that clips onto the leash! So I realized dog logs are an epidemic in our neighborhood. Don't owners realize it is their responsibility to pick up after their dogs, whether it is in a park, on a walk or in their own backyards!

And here's the kicker, I saw a woman walking her dogs (and cat...whatever), she stops, her dog assumes the dog-dump-crouch and does his business. She looks around, obviously doesn't see me and walks away! Now, seeing as how she was meandering and we (Boss, Shelby and I) were walking; we could easily catch up to her. Which ,we did. Being fed up with seeing random dog piles everywhere I reacted. I pulled out a baggy from my "handy-dandy-holder" gave it to her and said, "for next time," smiled at her and continued to walk.

You have a dog, you must pick up the poo!

No comments: