9.19.2007

October 2006

After unpacking from my trip to OK, I couldn't help but notice my many wrinkle/wrinkle prevention creams, gels, lotions, cleansers, etc. I had in my toiletry bag. It's not like I'm geriatric, but I grew up watching my mom apply these elixirs of youth to her face and figured, since she looks so great, why not?

I'm obsessed with my forehead. Expression lines if you will. From raising my eyebrows in surprise or to accentuate a specific topic, from furrowing in anger or confusion, my forehead is wrinkled. So, I apply these magic lotions hoping to erase sun damage and years of expression.

I would never go so far as Botox. I like being able to lift my eyebrows when I smile after not seeing someone for awhile or furrow them at the stupid driver who cut me off. So, I'll just continue to wear bangs and apply my lotions and creams and hope that someday when I'm old and gray, I'll look at myself and know where they came from and hopefully have a few less than some other women.

No comments: