9.19.2007

June 2007

June 12th AKA Peanut Butter Cookie Day (it's true look it up) was my birthday. I wish I could say that my birthday celebrations have matured from the going to bars, getting plastered, and dancing on the bar tops; but as of last Saturday I cannot (well, minus the plastered, thing...I have my limits, you know).

ROUND #1: On June 9th, my bff Anne Marie came down to fair Chucktown to help my other bff, Jen and me to celebrate my birthday. To start we all got dressed up and went to the ballet Swan Lake (don't worry no swan deaths in this one...it was the "Disney" version). We got back to my place and found it muggy and hot. Anyone who has ever lived in the south understands the necessity for a WORKING air conditioner in the summer.

After a phone call put in to Jen's hubby, Anne Marie shimmied, yes shimmied into the attic and after about 15 minutes she was armed with a staple gun and duct tape and began her work. Apparently the ductwork had fallen in an area and caused a kink so the air pressure was really low AND it had come loose from the compressor. Roughly 45 minutes after Anne Marie ascended into the attic, she descended and "poof" the air conditioner was working. Afterwards, we hung out for a few hours to cool off then had an early dinner at the Mustard Seed.

Now that the air conditioner was working properly, we began the process of transforming from good, wholesome girls to naughty women of the night. (Well, now that doesn't sound right...but you know what I mean.) After becoming quaffed, shadowed, and glossed; we were ready for the night life and to meet my other friends Amanda and Michelle. After an amazing parallel parking job (Mr. Driving Instructor would have been proud), we all met up and made our way to Market Street Saloon (think Coyote Ugly) where we bumped/grinded, gyrated, and sang our little hearts out, and danced on the bar top until 1 in the morning. Upon leaving the bar Anne Marie, Jen and I decided we should inform Mike (Jen's bro) how much we missed him and wished he were there with us (apparently we left several VMs and have since started a war...) for some reason pretending to be Carrie Underwood comes to mind...can't understand why?

ROUND #2: On June 12th, my day started like a typical day, accept I didn't have to work, because I asked for it off; how's that for a birthday present to myself! Unfortunately my homeownership duties called and I mowed the lawn. After the bug spray (the mosquitoes here are ginormous) had seeped into every pore sweat had escaped from and grass remnants were firmly embedded on my ankles and arms; I got ready to enjoy the pool with Amanda.

We spent 2 hours lounging by the pool with our Red Stripes and in the pool with our floaty rafts. Once the optimal tan had been achieved we went back to my place, showered and trekked to the "Wives' Social" at the paint-your-own-pottery place (I made a mug).

When the paint had dried on our respective objects d'art, Emily, Michelle, Amanda and I made our way to Oscar's for a wonderful dinner and a birthday canolli accompanied by a restaurant singing me "Happy Birthday". The day was rounded out at; you guessed it, a bar where the four of us and Cristin played a mean game of trivia. We were only 1 point from being tied for 2nd place.

Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes, I really appreciate all of you and your friendships!

CHEERS!

No comments: