9.19.2007

July 2007

Last night my friends Emily, Michelle, and I went to the Harry Potter release party. But when I say that we went, we really just hung out until 11:30 and made our way to the store to await our future book buys.

Around 4:00 I showed up at Barnes and Noble to get the wristbands for when we would get the infamous book. At 6:00 (yes I waited 2 hours--and yes I know I'm a dork), the line began to move and luckily I was able to name drop as Michelle Mc. (as I call her) works part-time for B&N and I was able to pick up my wrist band along with Emily's and hers, we were patrons 20-22! Sweet!

Once I had the wristbands in hand Michelle, Emily (both just got off work) and I went to dinner and had a thrilling discussion of Harry Potter to-date. We went over the loose ends, character analysis, and confirmed plots. After an hour of eating and discussion we made our way to a coffee shop so I could finish re-reading Half-Blood Prince and we could discuss more of what we hopped and thought would be in store for Harry and the readers.

A funny side note: while at the coffee shop, Emily needed a little pick-me-up and got a coffee, the Barrista saw her wrist band and asked if the three of us were getting ready to go clubbing. She said no and left it at that! Three good-looking girls were staying up late not to party like rock stars, but to buy a book and read until the wee hours of the morning...how's that for irony!

At exactly 12:05 I was the 20th person to receive my Harry Potter book! I read until 3:00am (my eyes couldn't stay open any longer). And resumed this morning at 8:30...so far there has already be great action scenes, I've cried, and gotten pissed and I'm only on Chapter 13! Can't wait to see what happens next...but don't worry I won't spoil it.

UPDATE (22 July): I finished reading the book and I am thrilled to say that the book was well worth the wait. There were a few slow parts where JKR had to include explanations for certain tasks, etc. I would say I cried (well sobbed actually) through 1/4 of the book and by the time I finished my face and eyes were swollen and looked like a punching bag (minus the bruising). Loved the book but I wish JKR had included more info in the epilogue...Happy reading!

No comments: