9.19.2007

January 2007

Well, it's the start of 2007, a new year. This always fills me with hope and a little trepidation as I don't know what this year will hold. Will this be a year of accomplished goals? Will this year bring something new to my life? Will I loose anymore people I love this year? (God, I hope not)

While lying in bed last night, my husband and I realized this is the year of our 10 year High School reunions. GASP! Can we really be this old?! I still remember graduating like it was, well, last month. My first year of college (at least most of it) is still fresh in my mind; I met quite a few of you that year. How has time passed so quickly? And how can I slow it down?

It seems with each passing year, I find myself busier, but not with worthwhile things. I rush from place to place; I'm always on a schedule. Perhaps this is why my years seem to fly by. Why I am now 10 years older, but am I wiser? I think so.

I may not have accomplished my teenage-world-is-my-oyster-shell dreams but maybe I've adapted to accept new ones. With each New Year I've made new friends, realized something profound about myself, and sometimes come to an understanding that I'm not meant to accomplish everything. And I think I'm ok with that.

Whatever this year holds for me I will use it as a learning experience. I will try to take every moment and live it. I will become the person I'm meant to be and make her even better

No comments: