11.28.2008

Turkey Day Troting and Eating...



Brandon and I began our Thanksgiving at 7:45 in the morning! Ugh, it was early! Eventually we made our way to downtown Charleston to participate in the 31st Annual 5K Turkey Day Run, lovingly called the Turkey Trot. (I have been training for the past several weeks to get in shape but also to run in the event.)

At 9 o'clock the gun was fired and Brandon, myself and our two friends Michelle and "Howdy" began the Turkey Trot! Brandon was a trouper and held back to my pace (13 minute miles) which we were able to keep for the majority of the race. We finished the 3.1 miles in 40 minutes, a best for me!! I improved my time by 6 minutes! And I decided not to feel guilty about eating a little extra stuffing and cobbler later that day!
Once home and cleaned up, we feasted on sticky buns while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Later on, I completed the Thanksgiving feast, which turned out rather well and really yummy, too. After dinner we trekked to some friend's home where we enjoyed the cobbler, some cake and pie, and the company (the Crawford's, Kerr's and Ben) while playing games.

Thanksgiving '08 was a fun time and Brandon and I decided to make a tradition of the Turkey Trot and of course the eating afterward!

1 comment:

Melissa Bitton said...

Congrats Turkey Trotter! I'm so proud of you! That's an acomplishment.