10.23.2008

Read My Lipstick...Go Vote!

As this is my blog I'm going to voice my opinion on the presidential race, but before I do I want everyone who reads this to understand how important your vote is in the election this year. Even if you think one vote won't make a difference, just remember your one vote added with lots of other "one votes" add up to an electoral college. Your vote counts; not only on the national level but also on the local level. So, don't forget to vote on Tuesday, November 4th.

If your town is anything like mine I'm sure you have seen the signs for folks running for anything from Probate Judge to the Presidency. My parents always used to tell me, "If you don't vote, you have no room to complain." While I believe this to be mostly true, I also have to raise the question, what about other military families like ours who don't live locally but still get the absentee ballot with names we may not recognize for local offices?
Personally, I would do one of two things. The first, don't vote on the local offices. Right now you're thinking, "wait a minute, didn't she just say that my vote is important?" Yes, it is, but not an uneducated vote. If you don't have the time to educate yourself on the various offices and those running for them, don't vote. Your uneducated vote will inevitably cancel out the educated vote of someone who has taken the time to research those that are running and really, truly cares about the outcome. Secondly, like I wrote before, research those campaigning. You can do this through the internet, or by asking someone who (lives in the area your ballot represents) you trust and has similar political views as you who they're voting for or what they suggest and why.

Now on to my opinion:
I am a McCain/Palin supporter. I believe John McCain's experience in the military and as a Senator is what this country needs. We need his no-nonsense bipartisan beliefs. This country has become so jaded with being politically correct and not placing blame where it is due that we've become a nation of over concerned finger-pointers. McCain's record has shown that he has no problem exposing them. When he said, "I would rather lose this election than compromise my principles," I knew he would be the man I vote for.

Sarah Palin, it's true, does not have the federal experience of her running mate and their opposition. However, I do not see this as a flaw. Don't forget, she is the governor of a state in our union. She's not some country bumpkin McCain found in the middle of nowhere. Her lack of Washington wisdom is what makes her so endearing; a female version of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington comes to mind. Don't get me wrong though; I think she's far from naive and she'll tell the Congressmen and Senators what she really thinks with a bit of sugar on top.

I believe John McCain and Sarah Palin truly care for the general American public, which is why I support them in their campaign for the Presidency and Vice Presidency.

1 comment:

Tellex01 said...

I couldn't agree more!