9.19.2007

May 2007

Friday the 25th marked the beginning of the 31st annual Spoleto Festival in Charleston, SC. Basically, it's 2 weeks of art; performances (theater, dance, music) and crafts and paintings. For these 2 weeks Chucktown will have culture galore.

Last night I attended with one of my pals, Cristin, one such performance called the Rubberbandance. It was INCREDIBLE! I honestly had no idea what to expect going in to it. The 5 dancers (2 women and 3 men) performed an eclectic dance style that consisted of (just to name a few) Tai Chi, break dancing, ballet, hip hop, yoga, Pilates, and something that looked similar to the Matrix . I have never seen anything like it before and I thoroughly loved it! If they make it to your home city, please go see it. The audience we were in was as eclectic as the dance styles and everyone I passed at the end was awestruck.

It is time well spent!

No comments: